


We, Gang of 4 (included Hsiao-lin’s mom) drove 4 ½ hr the very next day to William and stayed a night and boarded the train up to the canyon. It was cold since we were pretty high up. Snow covered all the way, lovely scenery. We were lucky to have a very clear fine day for the awesome view. The train ride was interesting. Although it is quite touristy as well as the whole package, but rather well organized. Simple accommodations and forget about the food, typical American. Service are reasonable and people are friendly, sort of OK entertaining from time to time.

Since we were invited to a dinner party the next night…an award function for the builders and realtors of Tucson which the Wordens (Hsiao-lin and Ron) profession, we can’t stay at the canyon over night. Pity. The dinner party was at Hilton, a beautiful resort that hosts the PGA tournament. Typical business event but the girls got to doll-up, that was the nice part. I particularly enjoyed over looking the amazing colour of the sunset with glass of wine in hand, so romantic. I missed Oliver.

The last day the girls had a nice lunch and little shopping, of course, The weather is great this time of year. Sitting outside a fine Italian restaurant and looking out to the beautiful view of the mountains, I really hated to think of going back to the icy and bitter cold east coast. We decided to put on a BBQ at home that evening while the men, boys and everyone were watching Super Bowl, huge night for the Americans.

Great trip but a bit of a rush as Ying-Zi had to come back for work commitment. I seriously would like to have more time to see Arizona. Must come day with Ollie before our return to NZ.
Unfortunately, not only the cold weather was awaited, my heart was broken to find Versace’s back problem was worsen, he couldn’t even get up. I simply shocked despite he had a little trouble walking before I left but was improved after visiting the vet. I am truly grateful how my husband cared for my baby, he is sweet darling He put runners everywhere to help Versace walk and carried him in and out. Thank goodness the dog is making progress after lots of blah blah. Just keep my fingers cross.
No comments:
Post a Comment